Thursday, September 13, 2012

A few simple rules...

I don't think I've ever done a post like this. Might not ever do another one, but hey, you never know...

Anyway, I like to think of myself as accepting of pretty much everyone who comes into my life in some way, shape, or form. That being said, I do have a point where I will no longer tolerate someone's behavior. So, to make getting along with me easier, both online, and IRL, I've come up with this rule list. It should be a short read, 'cause like I said, it takes a lot to tick me off.


A Few Simple Rules For Being My Friend:


1. Let me have my moments where I rant, rave, get upset, and bitch about things. This is how I cope with getting angry or upset. I will own up to what I say, especially if I'm allowed to get it out in the open and off of my chest.

2. Treat me like I'm your intellectual equal. Most of the people I associate with are older than me, and have more experience than me. I get that, and respect that. But if I wanted to be treated like a kid who doesn't know any better, I'd have my parents do that.

3. Don't mock the things I enjoy. I get that people don't always like the same things, and that what one person likes might bother someone else. I don't like some things in some of the fandoms I'm in. Doesn't give me the right to bash the people who do like those things.

4. Accept that I am a work in progress, and will always be human. None of us is perfect, and we all change throughout our lives. As of this writing, I've gone from unemployed from January to May, to full-time employee, to supervisor. I've started moving out of my parents' house into an apartment, and I'm working on saving up for a better car than the one I drive now (19 miles to the gallon sucks, btw). In the nine months since the start of the year, I've grown and changed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.