Friday, December 30, 2011

Mourning

About an hour and a half ago, my uncle called with some bad news.... My cousin, Joe, passed away about two days ago from a heart attack.... The police found his body earlier tonight. It only really started sinking in when I started letting people know why I might be going silent for a few days....

I deal with grief by doing a lot of crying. Most of the time, it's in private, but sometimes, it's around people. In this case, since The Sib and the parents are also grieving, I've had to isolate myself from them. I just need time to myself so I can focus and cope. I will check facebook and the like, I prolly won't be responding 'till I work through the emotions. I internalize a lot, and with emotions like grief, I have to work them through before I can move on.

In time, the pain and shock will fade, but for now, I'm taking things as they come. One by one, day by day... that's all I can do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.