Thursday, February 23, 2012

... *sigh*

So I'm kind of catching flack over on another site. All because I got a bit upset with a family member for saying that I don't deserve an education, and wrote an update about that. APPARENTLY, writing stuff out so I can flipping get it out and dealt with is the wrong thing to do. And apparently, the fact that I rant, rave, and complain about things and start a whole shit-ton of projects makes me unreliable.

I'm going to declare bullshit. I may rant, rave, bitch, moan, and complain about things, and I might take for-freaking-ever to get something done, but at least I am doing something, be it attempting to get everything I need to do to get to the point that I am living away from my parents, or even just a costume. As I've said regarding my education, I might take the scenic route, but I will get there eventually. It won't be quiet and calm, but that's just how I do things.

If I didn't bitch and moan about some of the shit I deal with, I would let it sit and fester until I snapped and did something incredibly hurtful to myself. I came close to that almost five years ago. If not for the fact that my best friend actually drove out over 200 miles just to come and get me when my car ran out of gas and I was in a bad mental state, I don't know where I'd be. Just the fact that someone cared enough about me to drive over four hours to help me... That's what saved me.

So to all those who think I'm just being a whiney, stupid, unreliable bitch-brat, I say this: In a week or so, I make a decision whether or not I want to continue talking to you. If not, I will at least have the decency to be polite to you at events that we may happen to be at.


ETA: I was wondering why some of this felt so familiar.... turns out, I wrote an entry on my old blogdrive journal about something similar: http://adhdden.blogspot.com/2011/08/presenting-myself-to-others.html

Almost two years later, and it seems this hasn't changed. I still get told to suck it up, and quit whining. Just the people telling me it have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.