Friday, August 26, 2011

First post transfer

The first several entries on this blog are transfers from my other ADHD Thoughts blog, so if the date seems wonky on 'em, that's why.


First post, and a bit about me
My name, here, at least, is Den.  I'm 23, soon to be 24, and I will be starting college at a community college on the 25th of August.  I will be attending for two years, graduating with an Associate of Arts in Business Management, and then going into the United States Air Force in Linguistics.  I will be in the Linguistics program, and will be initially learning Russian and Arabic, though I do intend to learn more languages while I am on active duty.  I am a female, and I live in a town of about 6,000 people. 

I have several other blogs, but most of them are for roleplaying games with other people, aside from what has become my catch-all journal for silly things and random musings that don't really seem to show who I really am. Granted, I know I still haven't figured that out, but that's why I created this blog, to serve as a record of my journey and to give me something to look back on when I am older and hopefully a bit wiser.  

I have many beliefs about the world I live in, and the way I interpret things, as well as the goings-on around me. I have a unique way of seeing things, given that I have Attention Deficit Disorder, which is more commonly known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder. The way I process things is different from most people, and I tend to react to things a bit differently than some. If I say or do something that doesn't make sense to someone, it likely makes perfect sense to me at the time. 

A lot of the time, I will likely not make sense, and I will likely jump from subject to subject many times in one post. I apologize in advance. This is one aspect of my ADD/ADHD. The closest I can describe what goes on in my head at any one given moment is a million different radio stations playing all at once, at various volumes. Sometimes, they work together to make a symphony of wondrous proportions, and others, it's just useless and distracting noise. I am not the best at gathering my thoughts, but I will do the best I can to try and make this blog make sense.

One last item to be noted: While I may seem eloquent and well-versed in printed text, I am a lousy conversationalist in person, especially during first meetings. I either ramble like crazy about stuff, or I try not to be noticed. I'm working on not doing either one of those when I meet new people.
Posted at 8/8/2010 1:55:50 am by AutobotDen

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.