Friday, October 7, 2011

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Imp Review: LOUP GAROU

BPAL says LOUP GAROU is: The wild, untamed essence of lycanthropy. Primeval in its raw power and insatiable hunger: juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus.

Den says LOUP GAROU is: LOUP GAROU
-In bottle: I think I'm smelling pine trees of some sort, I want to say hemlock, but I'm pretty sure that's not a note in this scent... There's definitely a 'woods'-y note of some sort...
-Wet: Definitely getting juniper, cypress and the eucalyptus notes... not sure what galangal smells like, so I can't really be certain it's there.... but this is definitely a nice scent on me.
-Dry: There's a very faint note underneath the rest, which might be the galangal, but it smells fresh, and the scent is pleasant.
-Overall impression: This reminds me of taking a walk through the woods, either in the snow or right at the beginning of spring. I love this scent. It's definitely going on my list of full decants to get. It almost feels masculine, like it would smell wonderful on a male type person, but not overpoweringly masculine... In fact, I'd imagine a dryad smelling like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.