Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ADD/ADHD

So I just realized that I never did give a very good, if any, explanation of why this blog is "ADHD Thoughts"... The reason is simple. I have Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-Inattentive Type (Take your pick, they're the same damn thing).  Basically, my brain's wired to make paying attention in most 'normal' settings very difficult, but hyper-focus on certain things.  The way I describe it is that it's like there's a billion and one radio stations, playing in every single language at once in my head.  Some days, all I'm getting is indistinguishable noise, some days, I can silence all but a few of the stations, and some days, all of the stations fall into a beautiful harmony that can be incredibly breathtaking. 

As some of you have noticed, I often jump topics.  My brain goes faster than the rest of me can cope with, which means that I may be on topic LMN, but my mouth is still on DEF, which often results in me tripping over my words, repeating myself, and stammering as I try to recover.  I also talk a lot with my hands, and I don't just mean typing.  I gesticulate, fidget, and move my fingers about constantly as I talk. I do it when I'm walking, I do it in the midst of typing, I do it when I'm watching TV...  I do it a lot.

...I had something lined up, I really did.... but like a lot of the stuff I plan out, it fell through a crack, and I'll likely remember it later today..... Thank goodness for the ability to edit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.