Friday, September 2, 2011

A Very Serious Topic

... I have no words... May 01, 11
Osama Bin Laden has been killed, according to several well-known news sites like MSNBC and CNN...
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/01/bin.laden.obit/index.html?hpt=T1

I remember all too well what I was doing when I first heard about the attack on the World Trade Center.  I was 14 at the time, in choir class, and was sitting in the front row, fourth seat in from the door. We had just gotten roll call done, when the district administrator entered the room and told us that the World Trade Center had been crashed into.  For the rest of the day, and for many days after, the library was crowded with students and teachers watching the television screens.

As I sit and write this, I have the news on, and President Obama is addressing the nation about this.  It has been confirmed that Bin Laden is dead, as proven by DNA.  This day will be forever remembered, not only by those whose lives were directly affected by the attacks, but by all Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.