Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freaky Dreams

Okay.  So those of you who know me well enough know that my imagination is almost over-active.  At night, this leads to freaky, often nonsensical dreams that are often mildly disturbing.  I don't dream about flying unicorns, fluffy pink bunnies, or talking animals... I dream about walking along highways, car accidents, and getting lost in strange cities, or other things that very well COULD happen to me at some time in the future. 

Case in point is the dream I had just before I woke up for the day:  I was backpacking somewhere... and it had gotten dark and spooky... and there was this little, shady, creepy guy walking along a wall, while I was walking closer to the road... I just KNEW that the guy was up to something... and once I got sick of him following just inside my 'potential threat' perimeter, I turned to tell him off.  He rushed me and I tried grabbing at his jacket collar, but he slipped out of my grip and tried circling around to my blind spot, which I wouldn't allow.  I finally got my hands on his collar and both of his wrists, followed shortly by his ankles as well... He couldn't have been any taller than 5'2", and maybe 100lbs soaking wet... but I hauled him over to this roadside diner that was open at whatever time of night the dream was set....   and as I was telling the waitress that the guy had tried robbing me, I woke up.

One of my friends interpreted it as my mind thinking that my problems aren't so big that they can't be overcome.... I think it's either that, or me realizing that some of the things that scare the utter crap out of me are things that I can deal with and not have to fear anymore....  Maybe we're both right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.