Friday, September 2, 2011

College Experience Journal Entry #2

College Experience Reflective Journal Entry #2 Sep 14, 10
1.Strengths:
-I see objects for what they could be.
-I am a good cook.
-I can make my own clothes.
-I have a lot of patience.
-I am usually on time.
-I am always willing to try new things.
-I am a NaNoWriMo winner.
-I am funny.
-I do my best to finish what I start.
-I walk most anywhere I want to go.
-I do not let my game characters dying affect my mood. It's just a game.
-I am good at making simple jewelry.

2.
Weaknesses:
-I am overweight.
-I allow myself to become easily distracted.
-I procrastinate.
-I can be snippy with others.
-I am stubborn.
-I get overly emotional at times.
-I tend to back down rather than try to defend myself.
-I have little patience for people who choose to be ignorant.
-I can be lazy at times.
-I let my pride get in the way of getting help.
-I take things too personally sometimes.
-I snark.
-I tend to forget things.
-I do not express my feelings well.

3.
My self-esteem is about a 6 or a 7 right now.  I think it got to be that way because I allowed myself to become a victim for a few years after my time at Iowa Western Community College, when I basically crash-and-burned due to my own bad choices.  I would like to be more confident and to believe in myself more.  Changes I know I need to make are to stop letting my pride get in the way of getting the help I need, working on getting into shape, and working on stopping thinking like a victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I encourage friendly discussions and debates, anything that shows signs of dissolving into a flamewar will be deleted.